2013 Q4 CE Release Notes
These notes provide pertinent information regarding the additions to Rally Community Edition during the fourth quarter of 2013. Features and defect fixes continually released between November 1st, 2013 and January 31st, 2014 are included. Hardware and software requirements, compatibility, and known issues for the Rally Community, Enterprise, and Unlimited Editions during this time period are also provided.
What's new in Q4
New Rally visual design
Rally has been updated with a brand new visual design. The new design is cleaner, simpler and more spacious. When you login to Rally, you will notice that the header has been overhauled with new icons and high-contrast colors.
New design overview video
New visual design enhancements
- New header, footer and color scheme
- Header has a smaller vertical footprint, opening up more space for your work
- High-contrast buttons and graphics for easier reading when projecting
- Menus are updated to work well with tablets, with a click (or tap) to activate the primary menu drop down
- Double-click a primary menu item to visit the previous page in that menu
|View your Home page|
|Set your default home page|
Rally Help Tip: How to search using the new visual design
Did you know you can search in the new visual design with just a single click or keyboard shortcut? Simply press the forward slash on your keyboard or click the Search icon at the upper-right corner of any page in Rally and start typing your search criteria. Press Enter on your keyboard to view search results.
Rally’s beta programs get you involved with improving effectiveness and usability of new features before they are released. If you would like to participate, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to the SOAP, REST, & JSON Web Service API
Web Services API deprecation policy
In order to support developer toolkits, custom apps, and queries more effectively, we are introducing a formal deprecation policy to the Web Services API. With the new policy, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to support older versions of the WSAPI for one year after a new version is released.
Versions 1.0 through 1.37 of the WSAPI will enter this one year deprecation period on October 1st, 2012. These versions will no longer be supported after October 1st, 2013. Additionally, the following versions will no longer be supported by the date indicated in parentheses: 1.38 (November 6, 2014); 1.39 (December 5, 2014); 1.40 (March 15, 2014); 1.41 (April 17, 2014); 1.42 (May 8, 2014); 1.43 (June 20, 2014).
The current version of the WSAPI, 2.0, is fully supported. Its one year deprecation period will begin on the date that the next version is released. You may review the full deprecation policy in the Rally Web Services API documentation.
Hardware and software requirements
We at Rally are committed to making our software easily accessible. You can access Rally wherever you have an Internet connection via a PC, Linux, or Macintosh computer. Because this software is available through the World Wide Web, many of the constraints regarding which computer and software you use to access this material have been removed.
Nevertheless, it is not possible or practical for us to support every operating system and browser combination that is available. To take advantage of the newest Rally features, we recommend that you use one of the following fully supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer*
We support the two latest versions of each of these browsers. We do not recommend using development, test, or beta versions of these web browsers. Versions that are not publicly released may not work properly with the Rally application. In particular we strongly suggest using Chrome.
* Internet Explorer Currently, we support Internet Explorer 11, Internet Explorer 10, and Internet Explorer 9. Rally does not support Internet Explorer 6, 7, or 8.
- Minimum Adobe Reader 5.0 Microsoft Windows platforms (not Linux)
- Adobe Reader 7.0 or higher recommended
- Minimum 1024 X 768 X 256-color video resolution, 1280 x 1024 recommended.
Defects fixed in Q4
The following defects were resolved and patched during the fourth quarter of 2013:
- DE16329 - Task import through Rally does not persist roll-ups of Estimate and To Do fields on a user story
- DE18010 - Move to Position row action not updating on Backlog page
- DE18011 - Tasks completed on the Iteration Tracking app not rolling up values on the Iteration Status page or story popover
- DE18197 - Updated long project names overlapping with menu items in the menu bar
- DE18747 - Unable to resize Description field on detail pages
- DE18796 - Print and Export as CSV on the Users tab delivers headers without data in the export file
Known issues in Q4
Not all work items may be recovered from the Recycle Bin
Only user stories, portfolio items, defects, test cases, and tasks are recoverable from the Recycle Bin.
Popup blockers and Rally
Be aware that some of Rally’s content is displayed using popup windows. Popup blockers may inhibit this functionality. To correct this, configure your popup blockers to allow Rally popups.
Pasting formatted text from MS Word may result in error
Copy-pasting rich-format text into a work item editor from Microsoft Word may result in formatting or system errors. To work around this issue, compose directly in the Rally work item editors, or convert your entry to plain text before pasting.
To contact Rally Support, click the Contact Support link in the lower-left corner of Rally.